Tuesday, August 14, 2007

You Lazy Bastard!

Yeah I know - it's been a while since I last posted, all I've got to offer up as an excuse are the usual suspects around this time of year, a nasty bout of the flu (so much for that flu shot) and a busy work schedule. We're in the middle of a major pitch mode at the moment which is both exhilarating and some what disheartening at the same time. I've been an identity designing 'machine' for the past month or so on top of the usual day to day work - it's been busy to say the least. The disheartening bit comes in the possibility that it may be the complete opposite in a couple of weeks when we find out the results of these pitches - it's the nature of the business I guess. So anyway, I haven't really felt like going home and writing about what I think about the 'big feet' on the revamped Qantas logo (I like the redesign if you're interested :) I think I'm pulling myself out of the doldrums and ready to bullshit about design again on here, though for some reason I've had more daily hits by not posting anything over the past few weeks, I'm not sure what that says what I write! Back to pulling myself out of the work/illness doldrums, sometimes it's just the simplest things that can turn you around. I was lucky enough to see one of my favourite bands of all time the other week, the Cure doing their 'all hits' show. I've always been a big fan of their visual style, not to mention their music. They certainly delivered in that regard with a three hour show that offered enough hits for the casual fan as well as a few rare gems for the faithful, it was a nice balance. It reminded me of what I try to achieve with my design work - committ to the work, present what the client is expecting, but also present some stuff that surprises and excites them - and of course, leave them wanting more! :) So I should be posting a bit more often than the last few weeks, I've got a great interview with Melbourne design group 'Alter' coming up next and I'll also talk about why most of my favourite album covers are black and white - I can tell you're foaming at the mouth already! Remember, feel free to contact me if you've got anything interesting design wise to tell me or just to say hi. Now for your viewing pleasure below, an amazing re-enactment of me when I was sick.


The Man-Flu - The funniest bloopers are right here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home