Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Furry Fuhrers



Cats seem like and endless source of inspiration on the web. Site makers seem fascinated by our furry companions, joining popular sites like Bonsai Kitten & Stuff on my Cat is Hitler Cats. You read that right, as the moggie above us demonstrates, this is a site dedicated to cats that resemble Hitler. Okay, maybe it's not exactly politically correct, but it's called a sense of humour and one of the funniest things I've come across in quite a while. This must be what the web was created for! I'm sure all of us have had experiences with cats where that gleam in their eye seemed to indicate something more 'what's for dinner tonight?' The picture of that cat above freaks me out the more I look at it, the resemblance is uncanny....

I've had my own experience with a Furry Fuhrer. A previous girlfriend had a cat called Max who looked pretty close to the cat above, we were convinced he was the reincarnation of the maniacal dictator himself. He was a cat with some deep psychological problems and some anger issues to work out. One minute he would be lying pleasantly on your lap purring, the next he would be going for your throat unprovoked, claws and fangs bared. It wasn't uncommon for me to hear a shriek from another part of the house, only to run out and find my girlfriend bailed up in a corner, water pistol in one hand, cushion in another fending Max off. I don't know what became of Max, I wouldn't be surprised if he's plotting to invade Poland at this moment though.

So what does this have to do with design? Well... ummm... doesn't nature work in some mysterious ways!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home