Monday, September 24, 2007

Recent Surfing Highlights 12

Hey! What a crappy week I've had! Let's brighten it up with some recent highlights from the old inter-web.

I like to think that I thought of it first, but I'm sure it was an idea that has been floating around for a long time. The good folks at Sleevage present a whole website full of similar album cover reviews to my own infrequent 'Judging albums by their covers' post and do so with a much better name and more frequent posting :) Keep your eyes out in the comments section and you might even come across some words of wisdom from yours truly!

Interesting article about a NY advertising exec who lost his job, developed a brain tumour and went to work at Starbucks serving coffee behind the counter - ta-dah! He's written a book about his experiences (of course) which is soon to be turned into a film starring Tom Hanks (obviously) Don't let that put you off though, it speaks a lot about our priorities and puts into perspective what may or may not be the most important things in life, check it out here if you feel like being a little 'heart-warmed'.

Just thing to brighten my crappy, crappy day, beautiful, beautiful typography by the very talented Marian Batjes for Saks Fifth Avenue. It's worth popping over to the pentagram to check out their rebranding of Saks if you haven't seen it, one of the best I've seen in recent times.

The crappy new Photoshop logo manages to incorporate just about everything I hate into one mark, so well done, I guess.

My fiance bought me a beautiful Jack Spade messenger bag for my birthday which I absolutely love, despite it's magnetic ability to pick up all of my white doggies fur! Anyway, I love this video of a Jack Spade impromptu fashion show Very funny and very cool.

The most amazing thing I have seen in a long time. Dutch artist Theo Jansen makes kinetic skeleton sculptures which actually walk in the wind. You have to see them in action to believe them.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home